- 1. elongate, stretch, lengthen
- usage: make long or longer by pulling and stretching; "stretch the fabric"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. linear, elongate, simple (vs. compound), unsubdivided
- usage: (of a leaf shape) long and narrow
- 2. elongate, elongated, long (vs. short)
- usage: having notably more length than width; being long and slender; "an elongate tail tapering to a point"; "the old man's gaunt and elongated frame"
All rights reserved.
See also: elongate (Dictionary)