WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. elixir, liquid
- usage: a sweet flavored liquid (usually containing a small amount of alcohol) used in compounding medicines to be taken by mouth in order to mask an unpleasant taste
- 2. philosopher's stone, philosophers' stone, elixir, substance
- usage: hypothetical substance that the alchemists believed to be capable of changing base metals into gold
- 3. elixir, potion, panacea, nostrum, catholicon, cure-all
- usage: a substance believed to cure all ills
All rights reserved.
See also: elixir (Dictionary)