WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. elfin, fey, supernatural (vs. natural)
- usage: suggestive of an elf in strangeness and otherworldliness; "thunderbolts quivered with elfin flares of heat lightning"; "the fey quality was there, the ability to see the moon at midday"- John Mason Brown
- 2. elfin, elflike, small (vs. large), little (vs. big)
- usage: small and delicate; "she was an elfin creature--graceful and delicate"; "obsessed by things elfin and small"
- 3. elfin
- usage: relating to or made or done by or as if by an elf; "elfin bells"; "all the little creatures joined in the elfin dance"
- 4. elfin, elfish, elvish, playful (vs. unplayful)
- usage: usually good-naturedly mischievous; "perpetrated a practical joke with elfin delight"; "elvish tricks"
All rights reserved.
See also: elfin (Dictionary)