- 1. elective course, elective, course, course of study, course of instruction, class
- usage: a course that the student can select from among alternatives
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. elective (vs. appointive), elected, electoral, nonappointive
- usage: subject to popular election; "elective official"
- 2. elective, optional (vs. obligatory)
- usage: not compulsory; "elective surgery"; "an elective course of study"
All rights reserved.
See also: elective (Dictionary)