- 1. chosen, elect, elite, elite group
- usage: an exclusive group of people; "one of the elect who have power inside the government"
- 1. elect, choose, take, select, pick out
- usage: select by a vote for an office or membership; "We elected him chairman of the board"
- 2. elect, choose, take, select, pick out
- usage: choose; "I elected to have my funds deposited automatically"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. elect, elite, selected (vs. unselected)
- usage: selected as the best; "an elect circle of artists"; "elite colleges"
- 2. elect(postnominal), incoming (vs. outgoing)
- usage: elected but not yet installed in office; "the president elect"
All rights reserved.
See also: elect (Dictionary)