- 1. elbow, elbow joint, human elbow, cubitus, cubital joint, articulatio cubiti, hinge joint, ginglymus, ginglymoid joint
- usage: hinge joint between the forearm and upper arm and the corresponding joint in the forelimb of a quadruped
- 2. elbow, bend, curve
- usage: a sharp bend in a road or river
- 3. elbow, pipe, pipage, piping
- usage: a length of pipe with a sharp bend in it
- 4. elbow, cloth covering
- usage: the part of a sleeve that covers the elbow joint; "his coat had patches over the elbows"
- 5. elbow, joint, articulation, articulatio
- usage: the joint of a mammal or bird that corresponds to the human elbow
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. elbow, jostle, shove
- usage: push one's way with the elbows
- 2. elbow, nudge, poke at, prod
- usage: shove one's elbow into another person's ribs
All rights reserved.
See also: elbow (Dictionary)