Synonyms of eke out
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. eke out, fill out, supplement
- usage: supplement what is thought to be deficient; "He eked out his meager pay by giving private lessons"; "Braque eked out his collages with charcoal"
- 2. eke out, live
- usage: live from day to day, as with some hardship; "He eked out his years in great poverty"
- 3. eke out, squeeze out, gain, take in, clear, make, earn, realize, realise, pull in, bring in
- usage: make by laborious and precarious means; "He eked out a living as a painter"
- 4. eke out, squeeze out, obtain
- usage: obtain with difficulty; "He eked out some information from the archives"
All rights reserved.