- 1. eight, 8, VIII, eighter, eighter from Decatur, octad, ogdoad, octonary, octet, digit, figure
- usage: the cardinal number that is the sum of seven and one
- 2. Ashcan School, Eight, school, artistic movement, art movement
- usage: a group of United States painters founded in 1907 and noted for their realistic depictions of sordid aspects of city life
- 3. eight-spot, eight, spot
- usage: one of four playing cards in a deck with eight pips on the face
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. eight, 8, viii, cardinal (vs. ordinal)
- usage: being one more than seven
All rights reserved.
See also: eight (Dictionary)