WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. effecter, effector, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: one who brings about a result or event; one who accomplishes a purpose
- 2. effector, nerve fiber, nerve fibre
- usage: a nerve fiber that terminates on a muscle or gland and stimulates contraction or secretion
- 3. effector, organ
- usage: an organ (a gland or muscle) that becomes active in response to nerve impulses
All rights reserved.
See also: effector (Dictionary)