WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. edition, impression, printing
- usage: the form in which a text (especially a printed book) is published
- 2. edition, group, grouping
- usage: all of the identical copies of something offered to the public at the same time; "the first edition appeared in 1920"; "it was too late for the morning edition"; "they issued a limited edition of Bach recordings"
- 3. edition, issue, number
- usage: an issue of a newspaper; "he read it in yesterday's edition of the Times"
- 4. version, variant, variation, edition, type
- usage: something a little different from others of the same type; "an experimental version of the night fighter"; "a variant of the same word"; "an emery wheel is the modern variation of a grindstone"; "the boy is a younger edition of his father"
All rights reserved.
See also: edition (Dictionary)