1. editing, redaction, writing, written material, piece of writing
usage: putting something (as a literary work or a legislative bill) into acceptable form
1. edit, redact, change, alter, modify
usage: prepare for publication or presentation by correcting, revising, or adapting; "Edit a book on lexical semantics"; "she edited the letters of the politician so as to omit the most personal passages"
2. edit, publish, bring out, put out, issue, release
usage: supervise the publication of; "The same family has been editing the influential newspaper for almost 100 years"
3. edit, cut, edit out, change, alter, modify
usage: cut and assemble the components of; "edit film"; "cut recording tape"
4. edit, blue-pencil, delete, censor
usage: cut or eliminate; "she edited the juiciest scenes"