WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. edit, redact, change, alter, modify
- usage: prepare for publication or presentation by correcting, revising, or adapting; "Edit a book on lexical semantics"; "she edited the letters of the politician so as to omit the most personal passages"
- 2. edit, publish, bring out, put out, issue, release
- usage: supervise the publication of; "The same family has been editing the influential newspaper for almost 100 years"
- 3. edit, cut, edit out, change, alter, modify
- usage: cut and assemble the components of; "edit film"; "cut recording tape"
- 4. edit, blue-pencil, delete, censor
- usage: cut or eliminate; "she edited the juiciest scenes"
All rights reserved.
See also: edit (Dictionary)