Synonyms of edge
- 1. edge, border, boundary, bound, bounds
- usage: the boundary of a surface
- 2. boundary, edge, bound, line
- usage: a line determining the limits of an area
- 3. edge, side
- usage: a sharp side formed by the intersection of two surfaces of an object; "he rounded the edges of the box"
- 4. edge, sharpness, urgency
- usage: the attribute of urgency in tone of voice; "his voice had an edge to it"
- 5. edge, superiority, favorable position, favourable position
- usage: a slight competitive advantage; "he had an edge on the competition"
- 6. edge, limit, demarcation, demarcation line
- usage: the outside limit of an object or area or surface; a place farthest away from the center of something; "the edge of the leaf is wavy"; "she sat on the edge of the bed"; "the water's edge"
- 1. edge, inch, advance, progress, pass on, move on, march on, go on
- usage: advance slowly, as if by inches; "He edged towards the car"
- 2. border, edge, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: provide with a border or edge; "edge the tablecloth with embroidery"
- 3. border, adjoin, edge, abut, march, butt, butt against, butt on, touch, adjoin, meet, contact
- usage: lie adjacent to another or share a boundary; "Canada adjoins the U.S."; "England marches with Scotland"
- 4. edge, sharpen
- usage: provide with an edge; "edge a blade"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of edge (Dictionary)