WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. acclaim, acclamation, plaudits, plaudit, eclat, approval, commendation
- usage: enthusiastic approval; "the book met with modest acclaim"; "he acknowledged the plaudits of the crowd"; "they gave him more eclat than he really deserved"
- 2. pomp, eclat, elegance
- usage: ceremonial elegance and splendor; "entered with much eclat in a coach drawn by eight white horses"
- 3. eclat, magnificence, brilliance, splendor, splendour, grandeur, grandness
- usage: brilliant or conspicuous success or effect; "the eclat of a great achievement"
All rights reserved.
See also: eclat (Dictionary)