Synonyms of echo
- 1. echo, reverberation, sound reflection, replication, reflection, reflexion, reflectivity
- usage: the repetition of a sound resulting from reflection of the sound waves; "she could hear echoes of her own footsteps"
- 2. Echo, nymph
- usage: (Greek mythology) a nymph who was spurned by Narcissus and pined away until only her voice remained
- 3. echo, reply, response
- usage: a reply that repeats what has just been said
- 4. echo, reflection, reflexion, reflectivity
- usage: a reflected television or radio or radar beam
- 5. echo, analogue, analog, parallel
- usage: a close parallel of a feeling, idea, style, etc.; "his contention contains more than an echo of Rousseau"; "Napoleon III was an echo of the mighty Emperor but an infinitely better man"
- 6. echo, imitation
- usage: an imitation or repetition; "the flower arrangement was created as an echo of a client's still life"
- 1. repeat, echo, utter, emit, let out, let loose
- usage: to say again or imitate; "followers echoing the cries of their leaders"
- 2. resound, echo, ring, reverberate, sound, go
- usage: ring or echo with sound; "the hall resounded with laughter"
- 3. echo, recall, resemble
- usage: call to mind; "His words echoed John F. Kennedy"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of echo (Dictionary)