- 1. eccentric, eccentric person, flake, oddball, geek, anomaly, unusual person
- usage: a person with an unusual or odd personality
- 2. character, eccentric, type, case, adult, grownup
- usage: a person of a specified kind (usually with many eccentricities); "a real character"; "a strange character"; "a friendly eccentric"; "the capable type"; "a mental case"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bizarre, eccentric, freakish, freaky, flaky, flakey, gonzo, off-the-wall, outlandish, outre, unconventional (vs. conventional) (vs. conventional)
- usage: conspicuously or grossly unconventional or unusual; "restaurants of bizarre design--one like a hat, another like a rabbit"; "famed for his eccentric spelling"; "a freakish combination of styles"; "his off-the-wall antics"; "the outlandish clothes of teenagers"; "outre and affected stage antics"
- 2. eccentric (vs. concentric), nonconcentric, acentric, off-center, off-centered
- usage: not having a common center; not concentric; "eccentric circles"
All rights reserved.
See also: eccentric (Dictionary)