- 1. ebb, ebbing, wane, decline, diminution
- usage: a gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number)
- 2. ebb, reflux, flow, flowing
- usage: the outward flow of the tide
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. ebb, ebb away, ebb down, ebb out, ebb off, fall back
- usage: flow back or recede; "the tides ebbed at noon"
- 2. ebb, besiege, beleaguer, surround, hem in, circumvent
- usage: hem in fish with stakes and nets so as to prevent them from going back into the sea with the ebb
- 3. ebb, recede
- usage: fall away or decline; "The patient's strength ebbed away"
All rights reserved.
See also: ebb (Dictionary)