- 1. east, due east, eastward, E, cardinal compass point
- usage: the cardinal compass point that is at 90 degrees
- 2. East, Orient
- usage: the countries of Asia
- 3. East, eastern United States
- usage: the region of the United States lying to the north of the Ohio River and to the east of the Mississippi River
- 4. east, direction
- usage: the direction corresponding to the eastward cardinal compass point
- 5. east, location
- usage: a location in the eastern part of a country, region, or city
- 1. east (vs. west), eastbound, eastward, easterly, eastern, easterly, eastern, eastern, easternmost, eastmost, eastside
- usage: situated in or facing or moving toward the east
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. east
- usage: to, toward, or in the east; "we travelled east for several miles"; "located east of Rome"
All rights reserved.
See also: east (Dictionary)