Synonyms of earthy
- 1. crude, earthy, gross, vulgar, indecent (vs. decent)
- usage: conspicuously and tastelessly indecent; "coarse language"; "a crude joke"; "crude behavior"; "an earthy sense of humor"; "a revoltingly gross expletive"; "a vulgar gesture"; "full of language so vulgar it should have been edited"
- 2. earthy, natural (vs. unnatural)
- usage: not far removed from or suggestive of nature; "the earthy taste of warm milk fresh from the cow"; "earthy smells of new-mown grass"
- 3. earthy, uninhibited (vs. inhibited)
- usage: hearty and lusty; "an earthy enjoyment of life"
- 4. earthy
- usage: of or consisting of or resembling earth; "it had an earthy smell"; "only a little earthy bank separates me from the edge of the ocean"
- 5. down-to-earth, earthy, realistic (vs. unrealistic)
- usage: sensible and practical; "has a straightforward down-to-earth approach to a problem"; "her earthy common sense"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of earthy (Dictionary)