Synonyms of draining
- 1. drain, run out, run, flow, feed, course
- usage: flow off gradually; "The rain water drains into this big vat"
- 2. drain, consume, eat up, use up, eat, deplete, exhaust, run through, wipe out
- usage: deplete of resources; "The exercise class drains me of energy"
- 3. drain, empty
- usage: empty of liquid; drain the liquid from; "We drained the oil tank"
- 4. enfeeble, debilitate, drain, weaken
- usage: make weak; "Life in the camp drained him"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. draining, exhausting, debilitating (vs. invigorating)
- usage: having a debilitating effect; "an exhausting job in the hot sun"
All rights reserved.