Synonyms of dowse
- 1. dowse, dowsing, rhabdomancy, divination, foretelling, soothsaying, fortune telling
- usage: searching for underground water or minerals by using a dowsing rod
- 1. douse, dowse, wet
- usage: wet thoroughly
- 2. dowse, divine
- usage: use a divining rod in search of underground water or metal
- 3. douse, dowse, slacken, remit
- usage: slacken; "douse a rope"
- 4. drench, douse, dowse, soak, sop, souse, wet
- usage: cover with liquid; pour liquid onto; "souse water on his hot face"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of dowse (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.