- 1. down(prenominal), downward(prenominal), descending(prenominal) (vs. ascending)
- usage: extending or moving from a higher to a lower place; "the down staircase"; "the downward course of the stream"
- 2. downward(postnominal), down (vs. up)
- usage: on or toward a surface regarded as a base; "he lay face downward"; "the downward pull of gravity"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. down, downwards, downward, downwardly
- usage: spatially or metaphorically from a higher to a lower level or position; "don't fall down"; "rode the lift up and skied down"; "prices plunged downward"
All rights reserved.
See also: downward (Dictionary)