WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. predominate, dominate, rule, reign, prevail
- usage: be larger in number, quantity, power, status or importance; "Money reigns supreme here"; "Hispanics predominate in this neighborhood"
- 2. dominate, influence, act upon, work
- usage: be in control; "Her husband completely dominates her"
- 3. dominate, master, control, command
- usage: have dominance or the power to defeat over; "Her pain completely mastered her"; "The methods can master the problems"
- 4. overshadow, dominate, eclipse, brood, hover, loom, bulk large
- usage: be greater in significance than; "the tragedy overshadowed the couple's happiness"
- 5. dominate, command, overlook, overtop, lie
- usage: look down on; "The villa dominates the town"
All rights reserved.
See also: dominate (Dictionary)