- 1. dogfight, contest, competition
- usage: a fiercely disputed contest; "their rancor dated from a political dogfight between them"; "a real dogfight for third place"; "a prolonged dogfight over their rival bids for the contract"
- 2. hassle, scuffle, tussle, dogfight, rough-and-tumble, fight, fighting, combat, scrap
- usage: disorderly fighting
- 3. dogfight, battle, conflict, fight, engagement
- usage: an aerial engagement between fighter planes
- 4. dogfight, fight, fighting, combat, scrap
- usage: a violent fight between dogs (sometimes organized illegally for entertainment and gambling)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dogfight, stage, arrange
- usage: arrange for an illegal dogfight
- 2. dogfight, battle, combat
- usage: engage in an aerial battle with another fighter plane
All rights reserved.
See also: dogfight (Dictionary)