WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. docile (vs. stubborn), meek, tame, sheeplike, sheepish, yielding, obedient, tractable#1, manipulable
- usage: willing to be taught or led or supervised or directed; "the docile masses of an enslaved nation"
- 2. docile, teachable, tractable (vs. intractable), manipulable
- usage: ready and willing to be taught; "docile pupils eager for instruction"; "teachable youngsters"
- 3. docile, gentle, tame (vs. wild), tamed
- usage: easily handled or managed; "a gentle old horse, docile and obedient"
All rights reserved.
See also: docile (Dictionary)