- 1. divide, disagreement, dissension, dissonance
- usage: a serious disagreement between two groups of people (typically producing tension or hostility)
- 2. watershed, water parting, divide, line
- usage: a ridge of land that separates two adjacent river systems
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. divide, split, split up, separate, dissever, carve up, change integrity
- usage: separate into parts or portions; "divide the cake into three equal parts"; "The British carved up the Ottoman Empire after World War I"
- 2. divide, fraction, calculate, cipher, cypher, compute, work out, reckon, figure
- usage: perform a division; "Can you divide 49 by seven?"
- 3. separate, divide
- usage: act as a barrier between; stand between; "The mountain range divides the two countries"
- 4. separate, divide, part, change
- usage: come apart; "The two pieces that we had glued separated"
- 5. separate, divide
- usage: make a division or separation
- 6. separate, disunite, divide, part, move, displace
- usage: force, take, or pull apart; "He separated the fighting children"; "Moses parted the Red Sea"
All rights reserved.
See also: divide (Dictionary)