WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. distribution, statistical distribution, arrangement, organization, organisation, system
- usage: (statistics) an arrangement of values of a variable showing their observed or theoretical frequency of occurrence
- 2. distribution, dispersion, spacing, spatial arrangement
- usage: the spatial or geographic property of being scattered about over a range, area, or volume; "worldwide in distribution"; "the distribution of nerve fibers"; "in complementary distribution"
- 3. distribution, act, deed, human action, human activity
- usage: the act of distributing or spreading or apportioning
- 4. distribution, commerce, commercialism, mercantilism
- usage: the commercial activity of transporting and selling goods from a producer to a consumer
All rights reserved.
See also: distribution (Dictionary)