WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. distribute, administer, mete out, deal, parcel out, lot, dispense, shell out, deal out, dish out, allot, dole out, give
- usage: administer or bestow, as in small portions; "administer critical remarks to everyone present"; "dole out some money"; "shell out pocket money for the children"; "deal a blow to someone"; "the machine dispenses soft drinks"
- 2. spread, distribute
- usage: distribute or disperse widely; "The invaders spread their language all over the country"
- 3. distribute, transfer
- usage: make available; "The publisher wants to distribute the book in Asia"
- 4. distribute, give out, hand out, pass out, give, gift, present
- usage: give to several people; "The teacher handed out the exams"
- 5. circulate, pass around, pass on, distribute, move, displace
- usage: cause be distributed; "This letter is being circulated among the faculty"
- 6. circulate, circularize, circularise, distribute, disseminate, propagate, broadcast, spread, diffuse, disperse, pass around, publicize, publicise, air, bare
- usage: cause to become widely known; "spread information"; "circulate a rumor"; "broadcast the news"
- 7. distribute, spread, scatter, spread out
- usage: spread throughout a given area; "the function distributes the values evenly"
- 8. distribute, exist, be
- usage: be distributed or spread, as in statistical analyses; "Values distribute"
- 9. distribute, be
- usage: be mathematically distributive
- 10. stagger, distribute, arrange, set up
- usage: to arrange in a systematic order; "stagger the chairs in the lecture hall"
All rights reserved.
See also: distribute (Dictionary)