Synonyms of distant
- 1. distant (vs. close), deep, extreme, far-flung, long-distance, nonadjacent, out-of-town, yonder, yon, far
- usage: separated in space or coming from or going to a distance; "distant villages"; "the sound of distant traffic"; "a distant sound"; "a distant telephone call"
- 2. distant (vs. close), remote, faraway, loosely knit, removed(predicate), ulterior
- usage: far apart in relevance or relationship or kinship ; "a distant cousin"; "a remote relative"; "a distant likeness"; "considerations entirely removed (or remote) from politics"
- 3. aloof, distant, upstage, reserved (vs. unreserved)
- usage: remote in manner; "stood apart with aloof dignity"; "a distant smile"; "he was upstage with strangers"
- 4. distant, remote, removed, far (vs. near)
- usage: separate or apart in time; "distant events"; "the remote past or future"
- 5. distant, remote, far (vs. near)
- usage: located far away spatially; "distant lands"; "remote stars"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of distant (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.