WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. break, interruption, disruption, gap, delay, holdup
- usage: an act of delaying or interrupting the continuity; "it was presented without commercial breaks"; "there was a gap in his account"
- 2. disturbance, disruption, commotion, flutter, hurly burly, to-do, hoo-ha, hoo-hah, kerfuffle, disorder
- usage: a disorderly outburst or tumult; "they were amazed by the furious disturbance they had caused"
- 3. dislocation, disruption, interruption, break
- usage: an event that results in a displacement or discontinuity
- 4. disruption, perturbation, disturbance
- usage: the act of causing disorder
All rights reserved.
See also: disruption (Dictionary)