- 1. display, show, demonstration, demo
- usage: something intended to communicate a particular impression; "made a display of strength"; "a show of impatience"; "a good show of looking interested"
- 2. display, exhibit, showing, show
- usage: something shown to the public; "the museum had many exhibits of oriental art"
- 3. display, presentation, representation
- usage: a visual representation of something
- 4. display, disclosure, revelation, revealing
- usage: behavior that makes your feelings public; "a display of emotion"
- 5. display, communication
- usage: exhibiting openly in public view; "a display of courage"
- 6. display, video display, electronic device
- usage: an electronic device that represents information in visual form
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. expose, exhibit, display, show
- usage: to show, make visible or apparent; "The Metropolitan Museum is exhibiting Goya's works this month"; "Why don't you show your nice legs and wear shorter skirts?"; "National leaders will have to display the highest skills of statesmanship"
- 2. display, woo, court, romance, solicit
- usage: attract attention by displaying some body part or posing; of animals
All rights reserved.
See also: display (Dictionary)