WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. judgment of dismissal, judgement of dismissal, dismissal, judgment, judgement, judicial decision
- usage: a judgment disposing of the matter without a trial
- 2. dismissal, dismission, pink slip, notice
- usage: official notice that you have been fired from your job
- 3. dismissal, permission
- usage: permission to go; the sending away of someone
- 4. dismissal, dismission, discharge, firing, liberation, release, sack, sacking, termination, ending, conclusion
- usage: the termination of someone's employment (leaving them free to depart)
All rights reserved.
See also: dismissal (Dictionary)