Synonyms of dismaying
- 1. depress, deject, cast down, get down, dismay, dispirit, demoralize, demoralise, discourage
- usage: lower someone's spirits; make downhearted; "These news depressed her"; "The bad state of her child's health demoralizes her"
- 2. dismay, alarm, appal, appall, horrify, frighten, fright, scare, affright
- usage: fill with apprehension or alarm; cause to be unpleasantly surprised; "I was horrified at the thought of being late for my interview"; "The news of the executions horrified us"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. appalling, dismaying, alarming (vs. unalarming)
- usage: causing consternation; "appalling conditions"
All rights reserved.