- 1. discipline, train, check, condition, develop, make grow
- usage: develop (children's) behavior by instruction and practice; especially to teach self-control; "Parents must discipline their children"; "Is this dog trained?"
- 2. discipline, correct, sort out, punish, penalize, penalise
- usage: punish in order to gain control or enforce obedience; "The teacher disciplined the pupils rather frequently"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. disciplined, controlled (vs. uncontrolled)
- usage: obeying the rules
- 2. disciplined, trained (vs. untrained)
- usage: trained mentally or physically by instruction or exercise; "the beautiful coordination of his disciplined muscles"; "a disciplined mind"
All rights reserved.
See also: disciplined (Dictionary)