WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. directly, straight, direct
- usage: without deviation; "the path leads directly to the lake"; "went direct to the office"
- 2. directly
- usage: without anyone or anything intervening; "these two factors are directly related"; "he was directly responsible"; "measured the physical properties directly"
- 3. immediately, instantly, straightaway, straight off, directly, now, right away, at once, forthwith, like a shot
- usage: without delay or hesitation; with no time intervening; "he answered immediately"; "found an answer straightaway"; "an official accused of dishonesty should be suspended forthwith"; "Come here now!"
- 4. directly, flat, straight
- usage: in a forthright manner; candidly or frankly; "he didn't answer directly"; "told me straight out"; "came out flat for less work and more pay"
All rights reserved.
See also: directly (Dictionary)