Synonyms of dignifying
- 1. ennoble, dignify, honor, honour, reward
- usage: confer dignity or honor upon; "He was dignified with a title"
- 2. dignify, lift, raise, elevate
- usage: raise the status of; "I shall not dignify this insensitive remark with an answer"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dignifying, ennobling, noble (vs. ignoble)
- usage: investing with dignity or honor; "the dignifying effect of his presence"; "the ennobling influence of cultural surroundings"
All rights reserved.