- 1. diet, fare
- usage: a prescribed selection of foods
- 2. diet, legislature, legislative assembly, legislative body, general assembly, law-makers
- usage: a legislative assembly in certain countries (e.g., Japan)
- 3. diet, fare
- usage: the usual food and drink consumed by an organism (person or animal)
- 4. diet, dieting, fast, fasting
- usage: the act of restricting your food intake (or your intake of particular foods)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. diet, fast
- usage: follow a regimen or a diet, as for health reasons; "He has high blood pressure and must stick to a low-salt diet"
- 2. diet, fast
- usage: eat sparingly, for health reasons or to lose weight
All rights reserved.
See also: diet (Dictionary)