WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. devolve, delegate, designate, depute, assign
- usage: pass on or delegate to another; "The representative devolved his duties to his aides while he was in the hospital"
- 2. fall, return, pass, devolve, change hands, change owners
- usage: be inherited by; "The estate fell to my sister"; "The land returned to the family"; "The estate devolved to an heir that everybody had assumed to be dead"
- 3. devolve, deteriorate, drop, degenerate, worsen, decline
- usage: grow worse; "Her condition deteriorated"; "Conditions in the slums degenerated"; "The discussion devolved into a shouting match"
All rights reserved.
See also: devolve (Dictionary)