Synonyms of devising
- 1. devising, fashioning, making, production
- usage: the act that results in something coming to be; "the devising of plans"; "the fashioning of pots and pans"; "the making of measurements"; "it was already in the making"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. invent, contrive, devise, excogitate, formulate, forge, create by mental act, create mentally
- usage: come up with (an idea, plan, explanation, theory, or principle) after a mental effort; "excogitate a way to measure the speed of light"
- 2. organize, organise, prepare, devise, get up, machinate, initiate, pioneer
- usage: arrange by systematic planning and united effort; "machinate a plot"; "organize a strike"; "devise a plan to take over the director's office"
- 3. devise, bequeath, will, leave
- usage: give by will, especially real property
All rights reserved.