- 1. design, designing, creating by mental acts
- usage: the act of working out the form of something (as by making a sketch or outline or plan); "he contributed to the design of a new instrument"
- 1. plan, project, contrive, design, create by mental act, create mentally
- usage: make or work out a plan for; devise; "They contrived to murder their boss"; "design a new sales strategy"; "plan an attack"
- 2. design, intend, destine, designate, specify
- usage: plan something for a specific role or purpose or effect; "This room is not designed for work"
- 3. design, create, make
- usage: create the design for; create or execute in an artistic or highly skilled manner; "Chanel designed the famous suit"
- 4. design, plan, create by mental act, create mentally
- usage: make a design of; plan out in systematic, often graphic form; "design a better mousetrap"; "plan the new wing of the museum"
- 5. design, create, make
- usage: create designs; "Dupont designs for the house of Chanel"
- 6. design, gestate, conceive, conceptualize, conceptualise
- usage: conceive or fashion in the mind; invent; "She designed a good excuse for not attending classes that day"
- 7. design, intend, mean, think
- usage: intend or have as a purpose; "She designed to go far in the world of business"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. designing, scheming, artful (vs. artless)
- usage: concealing crafty designs for advancing your own interest; "a selfish and designing nation obsessed with the dark schemes of European intrigue"- W.Churchill; "a scheming wife"; "a scheming gold digger"
All rights reserved.
See also: designing (Dictionary)