- 1. derived function, derivative, differential coefficient, differential, first derivative, calculation, computation, figuring, reckoning
- usage: the result of mathematical differentiation; the instantaneous change of one quantity relative to another; df(x)/dx
- 2. derivative, compound, chemical compound
- usage: a compound obtained from, or regarded as derived from, another compound
- 3. derivative instrument, derivative, legal document, legal instrument, official document, instrument
- usage: a financial instrument whose value is based on another security
- 4. derivative, word
- usage: (linguistics) a word that is derived from another word; "`electricity' is a derivative of `electric'"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. derivative, derived (vs. underived)
- usage: resulting from or employing derivation; "a derivative process"; "a highly derivative prose style"
All rights reserved.
See also: derivative (Dictionary)