- 1. dependant, dependent, recipient, receiver
- usage: a person who relies on another person for support (especially financial support)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dependent (vs. independent), babelike, helpless, interdependent, mutualist, mutually beneficial, myrmecophilous, parasitic, parasitical, leechlike, bloodsucking, reliant, symbiotic, underage, unfree
- usage: relying on or requiring a person or thing for support, supply, or what is needed; "dependent children"; "dependent on moisture"
- 2. dependent, dependant, qualified, conditional (vs. unconditional)
- usage: contingent on something else
- 3. dependent (vs. independent), subordinate
- usage: (of a clause) unable to stand alone syntactically as a complete sentence; "a subordinate (or dependent) clause functions as a noun or adjective or adverb within a sentence"
- 4. pendent, pendant, dependent, supported (vs. unsupported)
- usage: held from above; "a pendant bunch of grapes"
- 5. subject, dependent, subordinate (vs. insubordinate)
- usage: being under the power or sovereignty of another or others; "subject peoples"; "a dependent prince"
- 6. dependent, dependant, drug-addicted, hooked, strung-out, addicted (vs. unaddicted)
- usage: addicted to a drug
All rights reserved.
See also: dependent (Dictionary)