Synonyms of dense
- 1. dense, heavy, impenetrable, thick (vs. thin)
- usage: permitting little if any light to pass through because of denseness of matter; "dense smoke"; "heavy fog"; "impenetrable gloom"
- 2. dense, thick, impenetrable (vs. penetrable)
- usage: hard to pass through because of dense growth; "dense vegetation"; "thick woods"
- 3. dense, heavy (vs. light)
- usage: having high relative density or specific gravity; "dense as lead"
- 4. dense, dim, dull, dumb, obtuse, slow, stupid (vs. smart)
- usage: slow to learn or understand; lacking intellectual acuity; "so dense he never understands anything I say to him"; "never met anyone quite so dim"; "although dull at classical learning, at mathematics he was uncommonly quick"- Thackeray; "dumb officials make some really dumb decisions"; "he was either normally stupid or being deliberately obtuse"; "worked with the slow students"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of dense (Dictionary)