WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. demur, demurral, demurrer, objection
- usage: (law) a formal objection to an opponent's pleadings
- 2. demurrer, pleading
- usage: (law) any pleading that attacks the legal sufficiency of the opponent's pleadings
- 3. defense, defence, denial, demurrer, due process, due process of law
- usage: a defendant's answer or plea denying the truth of the charges against him; "he gave evidence for the defense"
All rights reserved.
See also: demurrer (Dictionary)