WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. presentation, presentment, demonstration, show
- usage: a show or display; the act of presenting something to sight or view; "the presentation of new data"; "he gave the customer a demonstration"
- 2. demonstration, show
- usage: a show of military force or preparedness; "he confused the enemy with feints and demonstrations"
- 3. demonstration, manifestation, protest, objection, dissent
- usage: a public display of group feelings (usually of a political nature); "there were violent demonstrations against the war"
- 4. demonstration, monstrance, proof
- usage: proof by a process of argument or a series of proposition proving an asserted conclusion
- 5. demonstration, demo, visual communication
- usage: a visual presentation showing how something works; "the lecture was accompanied by dramatic demonstrations"; "the lecturer shot off a pistol as a demonstration of the startle response"
All rights reserved.
See also: demonstration (Dictionary)