WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. degree, grade, level, property
- usage: a position on a scale of intensity or amount or quality; "a moderate grade of intelligence"; "a high level of care is required"; "it is all a matter of degree"
- 2. degree, level, stage, point, state
- usage: a specific identifiable position in a continuum or series or especially in a process; "a remarkable degree of frankness"; "at what stage are the social sciences?"
- 3. academic degree, degree, award, accolade, honor, honour, laurels
- usage: an award conferred by a college or university signifying that the recipient has satisfactorily completed a course of study; "he earned his degree at Princeton summa cum laude"
- 4. degree, arcdegree, angular unit
- usage: a measure for arcs and angles; "there are 360 degrees in a circle"
- 5. degree, exponent, power, index
- usage: the highest power of a term or variable
- 6. degree, temperature unit
- usage: a unit of temperature on a specified scale; "the game was played in spite of the 40-degree temperature"
- 7. degree, magnitude
- usage: the seriousness of something (e.g., a burn or crime); "murder in the second degree"; "a second degree burn"
All rights reserved.
See also: degree (Dictionary)