WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. degeneration, devolution, process, physical process
- usage: the process of declining from a higher to a lower level of effective power or vitality or essential quality
- 2. degeneracy, degeneration, decadence, decadency, abasement, degradation, abjection
- usage: the state of being degenerate in mental or moral qualities
- 3. degeneration, retrogression, transformation, transmutation, shift
- usage: passing from a more complex to a simpler biological form
All rights reserved.
See also: degeneration (Dictionary)