WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. deflate, collapse
- usage: collapse by releasing contained air or gas; "deflate a balloon"
- 2. deflate, turn, release
- usage: release contained air or gas from; "deflate the air mattress"
- 3. deflate, puncture, deprecate, depreciate, vilipend
- usage: reduce or lessen the size or importance of; "The bad review of his work deflated his self-confidence"
- 4. deflate, change, alter, modify
- usage: produce deflation in; "The new measures deflated the economy"
- 5. deflate, reduce, cut down, cut back, trim, trim down, trim back, cut, bring down
- usage: reduce or cut back the amount or availability of, creating a decline in value or prices; "deflate the currency"
- 6. deflate, decrease, diminish, lessen, fall
- usage: become deflated or flaccid, as by losing air; "The balloons deflated"
All rights reserved.
See also: deflate (Dictionary)