WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. deficit, shortage, shortfall, insufficiency, inadequacy, deficiency
- usage: the property of being an amount by which something is less than expected or required; "new blood vessels bud out from the already dilated vascular bed to make up the nutritional deficit"
- 2. deficit, lack, deficiency, want
- usage: a deficiency or failure in neurological or mental functioning; "the people concerned have a deficit in verbal memory"; "they have serious linguistic deficits"
- 3. deficit, score
- usage: (sports) the score by which a team or individual is losing
- 4. deficit, liabilities
- usage: an excess of liabilities over assets (usually over a certain period); "last year there was a serious budgetary deficit"
All rights reserved.
See also: deficit (Dictionary)