WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dedication, fidelity, faithfulness
- usage: complete and wholehearted fidelity
- 2. dedication, ceremony, ceremonial, ceremonial occasion, observance
- usage: a ceremony in which something (as a building) is dedicated to some goal or purpose
- 3. commitment, dedication, message, content, subject matter, substance
- usage: a message that makes a pledge
- 4. dedication, inscription, message
- usage: a short message (as in a book or musical work or on a photograph) dedicating it to someone or something
- 5. commitment, allegiance, loyalty, dedication, cooperation
- usage: the act of binding yourself (intellectually or emotionally) to a course of action; "his long commitment to public service"; "they felt no loyalty to a losing team"
All rights reserved.
See also: dedication (Dictionary)